- When do I have to pay my membership dues to MRIA?
MRIA memberships expire each year on December 31.
- How much does it cost to be a member of MRIA?
For more information on MRIA Individual membership dues and fees, click here.
For more information on MRIA Corporate membership dues and fees, click here.
- What is the Certified Marketing Research Professional (CMRP) designation and how can I obtain this designation?
Individual members holding the CMRP designation have met the requirements of the CMRP designation. To learn how to obtain a CMRP designation, please click here. All members in-good-standing, with or without a CMRP designation, will be Individual Members of MRIA.
- The annual membership dues for Student, New Practitioner, Temporary Status and Retired Individual membership types are much lower than for the other types of individual membership. Do these categories receive a different level of service?
Members in the Student, New Practitioner, Temporary Status and Retired Individual membership types receive the same member benefits and services as Regular Members, but students do not have voting rights in the Association, nor can they be Corporate Representatives.
- Can any type of company join as a Corporate Member of MRIA?
Absolutely. All companies are encouraged to join as Corporate Members. Depending on your company's focus and your compliance with the definition of each MRIA Corporate membership type, you may join as a Corporate Research Agency, a Corporate Client Side Researcher, or a Corporate Business Supplier.
- Can an organization be a Corporate Member without having individual members?
MRIA Corporate membership dues include an Individual membership for the "Corporate Representative", who shall serve as the Corporation's Designated Voting Representative for MRIA electoral matters; so, Corporate members must have at least one Individual Member in-good-standing. The Individual membership provided to the Corporate Representative includes all the attendant benefits of MRIA Individual membership (for more information, click here).
- Can I get a discount if my company has more than one member in MRIA?
MRIA encourages all Individuals involved in marketing research and market intelligence from an organization to be Individual Members of our Association, because doing so demonstrates their support for the industry and their abiding by the Code of Conduct and Good Practice. For more information, click here.
- What are the benefits associated with MRIA membership?
For more information on MRIA Individual membership benefits and privileges, click here.
For more information on MRIA Corporate membership benefits and privileges, click here.
For 10 reasons to join MRIA, click here.
- Do you have to be a Corporate Research Agency Member of the MRIA to participate in the Research Agency Council (RAC)?
Yes. Only Corporate Research Agency Members (Gold Seal and Basic) are eligible to participate in the Research Agency Council. Members of the Council are elected by Corporate Research Agency Members. The intent of the Council is to act as a Board and represent the views of research agencies within the Association and to the MRIA Board of Directors. The Council will have representation both by company size and geography.
- Do you have to be a Corporate Client Side Researcher Member of the MRIA to participate in the Client Side Researcher Council – CSRC?
Yes. Only Corporate Client Side Researcher Members are eligible to participate in the Client Side Researcher Council. Members of the Council are elected by Corporate Client Side Researcher Members. The intent of the Council is to act as a Board and represent the views of Client Side Researchers within the Association and to the MRIA Board of Directors. The Council will have representation both by company size and geography.
- Do Corporate Members have voting rights?
No. Only Individual Members of MRIA have voting rights. Each Corporate Member designates a Representative from their company to be their voice and to have voting rights within MRIA. This Corporate Representative must be a Regular Member in-good-standing of MRIA.
- What are the obligations associated with an MRIA Corporate membership?
For more information on the Terms and Conditions for each Corporate membership type, click here.
- What is a Gold Seal Corporate Member and how can I become one?
For more information on the definition of the MRIA Corporate Research Agency - Gold Seal membership type, click here. For more information on the Gold Seal Certification process, click here.
- Do I need to be a Corporate Member of MRIA to purchase listings in MRIA's Research Buyer's Guide?
No. Individual members in good-standing working for non-corporate Research Agencies are also eligible to purchase listings and advertise in MRIA's prized Research Buyer's Guide, distributed to all members in hard copy and also available on the MRIA website.
- How can I join MRIA or renew my MRIA membership?
MRIA membership transactions can be completed by signing in to the MRIA Portal, simply and efficiently.