EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH AWARDS
Thank You to the Sponsor of the 2018 Excellence in Research Awards
Awards for Research Projects
These awards require submission. For the Best Qualitative, Best Quantitative, Best Integration, and Best Multi-Stakeholder Awards, research suppliers and clients should both be identified, and the awards will be made to both supplier and client.
Award for Excellence in Public Policy and Government
- Awarded in recognition of excellence in a research project in the broader public sector that has had a demonstrable public policy impact.
Public Service Impact and/or Benefit Award
- Awarded in recognition of excellence in a research project that results in a demonstrable public service impact and/or benefit
Best Qualitative Research Project
- Awarded in recognition of excellence in a research project that utilizes exclusively qualitative techniques.
Best Quantitative Research Project
- Awarded in recognition of excellence in a research project that utilizes exclusively quantitative techniques.
Award for Best Integration of Research Tools and Techniques
- Awarded in recognition of a research project that demonstrates successful integration of a number of market research tools and techniques, and/or integration of research information with other information sources.
Award for Innovation and Advancement in Marketing Research
- Awarded in recognition of a research initiative that showcases new research techniques and/or tools, or that utilizes tools and techniques in a novel way, and that exhibits advancement or new direction for marketing research work in the future.
Award for Best Multi-Stakeholder Research Initiative
- Awarded in recognition of a research initiative that involves three or more stakeholders, and where those stakeholders collaborate in a synergistic way to all enhance the outcome of the initiative.
Murray Philip Altruism Award
- Awarded in recognition of a market research project done on a pro-bono or reduced remuneration basis (usually for a not-for-profit organization) that has contributed positively to the individuals, groups, or communities that are the beneficiaries of the organization’s work.
Awards for Individual Research Professionals
These awards require submission by other than the nominated person/team.
Emerging Leader Award
- Awarded to an individual who is a younger member of the MRIA, under 35 years of age, who has brought distinction to themselves and to the marketing, survey, and/or public opinion research and market intelligence industry/profession through leadership and achievement in their professional and personal lives.
AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE BEHIND THE SCENES
- Awarded in recognition of a research practitioner or team whose efforts, such as technological advancements, data collection, recruiting, data processing and analysis, or a related area, are 'behind the scenes' and do not have direct client contact. These efforts have been made while enabling the completion of market research projects.
Overall Excellence Award
This award does not require submission. Recipients will be selected by the judging team from all submissions for other awards.
Pinnacle Award for Outstanding Research
- Awarded in recognition of an exemplary research project that serves as a shining example to research practitioners and users. The project and the research team will demonstrate superiority and excellence in all aspects of the work, and the results of the work will be evident and significant. This award will exemplify how research affects and benefits an organization in a tangible way.