SPSS: ANALYZING SURVEY DATA: AN INTRODUCTORY WORKSHOP
- Professional Development course
This workshop will quickly help you to learn the basics of SPSS for analyzing the types of data that results from most surveys. Participants who have had no previous direct experience using SPSS, but have had a statistics course, will be able to analyze survey data using SPSS by the end of the day. While statistics will not be taught from scratch, the main statistical tools used for survey data analysis will be reviewed and discussed. Participants will be conducting analysis using SPSS on personal computers during the day-long workshop. This is a totally hands-on session.
MAJOR TOPICS COVERED IN THIS COURSE INCLUDE
Using a real data set from a marketing research study, students will learn:
- How to prepare a set of data for analysis by SPSS;
- How to identify which stats are appropriate for different types of data;
- How to produce basic frequency distributions and descriptive statistics;
- How to read SPSS output;
- How to produce charts in SPSS;
- How to use SPSS output in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and other applications;
- How to produce, understand and interpret cross-tabulations;
- How to test whether two proportions are different;
- How to test whether two means are different for independent groups;
- How to test whether two means are different for paired questions;
- How to test if three or more means are different (ANOVA);
- How to understand the relationship between one dependent variable and several independent variables(linear regression);
- How to conduct a few other basic tests;
- How to construct basic stub-and-banner tables in SPSS; and
- What else is possible with SPSS?
||Members seeking CMRP designation
||Little or no exposure
||Less than 2 years experience
||2-8 years experience
||8+ years experience
PAST PARTICIPANT COMMENTS
"Excellent course!! Well organized."
"I learned a lot and will use what I learned regularly."
"Liked the hands on approach with the computer lab."
"(Ken Deal) was great - very knowledgeable on this topic and he presented it in a simple and organized manner."
||December 11, 2017
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Check-in: 8:30 am
- Classes: 9 am - 5 pm
- Lunch will be provided
- For terms and conditions, click here
The venue address will be sent to you as part of your course registration confirmation.
*Plus applicable taxes
MRIA courses and their administration are subsidized by members' fees. Therefore, members enjoy a reduced cost for courses.