403-ADVANCED QUALITATIVE MARKETING RESEARCH techniques
- Core course
- This course is required for members wishing to take Path 2 to the CMRP designation (CMRE)
- Margaret Imai-Compton, CMRP
This course is all about going beyond the superficial level of some qualitative research, by exploring ways to probe in depth and uncovering people's deeper attitudes, beliefs and values through projective and enabling techniques. More than 30 different projective techniques are explained, many with examples, and some with detailed case studies. The session also looks at other methods to go deeper and get more out of qualitative research. These techniques can be used in any form of qualitative research from individual interviews to groups.
MAJOR TOPICS COVERED IN THIS COURSE INCLUDE
- Probing techniques: different types of probing, non-directive probes and laddering
- Projective techniques: when and how they are used, why they work, major categories of projective techniques, how to analyze and interpret the data collected from use of these techniques, advantages and disadvantages of projective techniques, and hands on participation in the use of some of these techniques
- A brief overview of some other techniques being used in qualitative research
- Observation research: origins of observation research, what it is, how it is done, with examples and case studies from a variety of fields
- Behind the mirror: getting the most out of observing focus groups with more than a dozen tips on listening and observing for optimum effect
For the table of Core course prerequisites, please click here.
||Members seeking CMRP designation
||Little or no exposure
||Less than 2 years experience
||2-8 years experience
||8+ years experience
The course will provide awareness and understanding of techniques that can be in a qualitative researcher's tool kit.
ONLINE TESTING IS ACTIVE
MRIA has has implemented an online test for each Core course.
The test is mandatory for anyone working towards their CMRP designation, or for those who wish to receive a certificate of completion.
All details pertaining to the applicable test will be provided during class. For more information about online tests click here.
PAST PARTICIPANT COMMENTS
"Projective techniques section was very interesting."
"Particularly liked use of examples from a wide variety of client situations."
"Very well done - would attend again and recommend to others."
"A lot of new ideas to help hone current skills."
"Knowledgeable instructor, very practical."
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Check-in: 8:30 am
- Classes: 9 am - 5 pm
- Lunch will be provided
- For terms and conditions, click here
The venue address will be sent to you as part of your course registration confirmation.
*Plus applicable taxes
MRIA courses and their administration are subsidized by members' fees. Therefore, members enjoy a reduced cost for courses.