- Professional Development course
This course is directed at marketing researchers who have a good understanding of the tools and techniques used to measure customer satisfaction. Building upon "Measuring Customer Satisfaction, Loyalty and Retention", this course provides an in-depth analysis of the analytical techniques used to measure customer satisfaction. It is recommended that researchers complete "Measuring Customer Satisfaction, Loyalty and Retention" and "Marketing Research Statistics & Data Analysis" before taking this course. (If you have not taken these courses, you are at least expected to be familiar with customer satisfaction methods and basic statistical terminology. While the course is mostly self-contained, it will not spend too much on background knowledge needed.)
Please note that there is approximately a 10% content overlap between this course, and Measuring Customer Satisfaction, Loyalty, and Retention.
Major topics covered in this course include
- Basic measurement methodologies
- Creating an analytical framework
- Derived importance scores: how are they created
- Correlation analysis and coefficient of determination
- Multiple regression analysis
- Influential observations and multicollinearity
- Principal components analysis and factor analysis
- Path analysis
- Structural equation models
- Other techniques
- 203-Marketing Research Statistics & Data Analysis
- Measuring Customer Satisfaction, Loyalty, and Retention
|Members seeking CMRP designation||Client-Side Researcher||Research Supplier|
|Little or no exposure||Less than 2 years experience||2-8 years experience||8+ years experience|
Past Participant Comments
"After taking this course I now feel comfortable talking to clients about how customer satisfaction is part of value leading to increased profitability."
"Well organized. This course gave good examples and practical implications."
"Great value, especially for the price."
|Toronto||April 27, 2017||Through the MRIA Portal|
- Course Length: 1 Day
- Check-in: 8:30 am
- Classes: 9 am - 5 pm
- Lunch will be provided
- For terms and conditions, click here
The venue address will be sent to you as part of your course registration confirmation.
|Member Regular*||Non-Member Regular*||Member Student*|
*Plus applicable taxes
MRIA courses and their administration are subsidized by members' fees. Therefore, members enjoy a reduced cost for courses.