MRIA Conference 2014
Invitation to Participate as Volunteer Leaders for 2014
This is your opportunity to get involved and help make the 2014 MRIA Conference the best ever!
We are proud to announce that the MRIA 2014 National Conference, "Dig Deeper and Discover" will be held from June 8 – 10, 2014 in the beautiful city of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - a true "destination" in Prairie Canada, and affectionately called "The Land of Living Skies." Saskatchewan receives more hours of sunshine than any other Canadian province and the clouds move and change all day long, until the reds and oranges of the sunset create a warm, comforting glow on the western horizon.
Scores of members and other industry professionals have already blocked off next year's dates, and are eagerly anticipating a 2014 MRIA National Conference that equals or surpasses the wow factor experienced at this year's 'Bridging the Gap' Conference in Niagara Falls.
Conference Co-Chair Corrin Harper, President of Insightrix, has issued this Call for up to 15 Volunteers who can be located anywhere in Canada, as almost all meetings will be held by teleconference. Anne Marie Gabriel will be the MRIA Staff Liaison to the Conference Organizing Committee, comprised of the Chair and 5-7 Co-chairs, MRIA Executive Director and other officers as required.
MRIA member volunteer leaders are needed to plan, organize, and provide "execution oversight" for the following areas of the Conference (one to two volunteers needed for each):
- Conference Program (working with the Co-Chairs to put together an outstanding program of plenary and concurrent session speakers and panels);
- Marketing & Communications;
- Social Committee and Gala Awards Dinner.
So whether you're in Atlantic Canada, Victoria, Yellowknife, Regina, Winnipeg, or anywhere else in this great land, and
- if you'd like to get involved in helping to bring out the best via an amazing 2014 MRIA Conference;
- if you're planning to attend next year's Conference in Saskatoon; and
- if you're willing to do whatever it takes over the next year to ensure the 2014 MRIA National Conference is a resounding success, then we want you to join our team!
Please contact Corrin Harper (Corrin.Harper@insightrix.com) to communicate your interest. While we thank everyone who steps up and volunteers, we cannot guarantee that you will be selected as we've had consistently strong response rates in the last 2 years. We thank you and look forward to seeing you as we "Dig Deeper"!
Important dates in 2013:
- August – Call for Presentations
- September – Conference Web Site launched; Sponsor and Tradeshow Prospectus launched
- October – Deadline for submission of Presentation abstracts
- November - Program and Registration Fees finalized