For any Inquiries or Questions
Issues with the content of the Code of Conduct should be directed to the current MRIA Chair of the Standards Portfolio, Amy Charles, CMRP, at Amy.Charles@Ipsos.com.
December 22, 2014
MRIA 2015 Standards – revised
Announcement of MRIA’s new Code of Conduct and new Research Neutrals Advisory Service
In this milestone announcement, MRIA advises that your Association has updated its professional Code of Conduct, to align with the fundamental principles of the International Code on Market and Social Research (the “ESOMAR Code”).
ESOMAR is a worldwide association of research professionals. It promotes standards for research and professional ethics endorsed by members in over 130 countries who share and uphold the conviction that “market research depends for its success on public confidence – that is carried out honestly, objectively and without unwelcome intrusion or disadvantage to its participants.”
MRIA’s Code of Conduct is self-regulatory and intended to reflect the standard of “best practice” in Canada, providing explicit assurance of consumer protection in how the industry interacts with and serves the Canadian public. MRIA’s newly introduced Code of Conduct replaces MRIA’s previous Code of Conduct and Good Practices (dated December, 2007).
Please consult the new Code of Conduct whenever need arises, and let us know of any difficulties in understanding or applying its specific content. Your comments will be submitted to the Standards Committee, and any clarifications found to be necessary will be made in the first part of 2015. Notification will be given on the website of the latest updates.
Celebrate with us this new era of internationally harmonized standards. We are proud to be a part of it.
Kara Mitchelmore, MBA, FCPA, FCMA, CMRP
Shane Skillen, CMRP
MRIA Standards Chair
Table of Contents
- Appendix A1 - Complaints Adjudication Procedure
- Appendix A2 - Complaints Adjudication Procedure Schedule (part 1)
- Appendix A3 - Complaints Adjudication Procedure Schedule (part 2)
- Appendix A4 - Complaints Adjudication Procedure Schedule (part 3)
- Appendix B - Mobile Marketing Research
- Appendix C - Social Media Research
- Appendix D - Scientific Integrity
- Appendix E - Qualitative Guidelines
- Appendix F - Guideline on Passive Data Collection and Observation of Human Behaviour
- Appendix G - Commissioning Research
- Appendix H - Mystery Shopping
- Appendix I - Online Research
- Appendix J - Distinguishing Research
- Appendix K - Interviewing Children and Young People
- Appendix L - Polling Standards
- Appendix M - Mutual Rights and Responsibilities
- Appendix N - Expert Evidence Standards